Ha Noi’s Department of Justice has issued a document specifying acts and corresponding fines for those who violate the current regulations on COVID-19 prevention and control.
1. Those who do not wear masks at public places shall be fined up to VND 300,000.
2. Those who do not litter used masks at right places in public areas shall be fined up to VND 5,000,000. If they discard used masks on streets or sidewalks, the fine shall be increased to VND 7,000,000.
3. Those who hide the COVID019 symptoms of themselves or others shall face a maximum fine of VND 2,000,000.
4. Those who fail to temporarily suspend the operation of their catering service facilities in epidemic-hit areas shall be subject to fines of VND 10,000,000 for individuals and 20,000,000 for organizations.
5. Those who fail to implement decisions on the restriction of mass gatherings or decisions on temporarily suspension of business/service activities in public places to aid COVID-19 prevention and control work shall be fined up to VND 10,000,000 for individuals, and VND 20,000,000 for organizations.
6. Those who fail to implement decisions on medical inspection and surveillance before entering/exiting epidemic-hit areas shall be subject to a maximum fine of VND 20,000,000.
7. Those who flee from quarantine areas, or fail to comply with quarantine regulations, or refuse/evade forced quarantine measures shall face a fine of up to VND 10,000,000. If his/her act leads to the transmission of the virus to others, the penalty shall be decided in accordance with Article 240 of the Penal Code.
8. Those who commit to any of the following acts of escaping from quarantine areas, failing to abide by quarantine regulations, refusing or evading forced quarantine measures that lead to damage of VND 100,000,000 or above shall face a penalty in accordance with Article 295 of the Penal Code.
9. Those who fail to accurately declare health status, leading to transmission of the virus to others shall face a penalty in accordance with Article 240 of the Penal Code.
10. Those who spread fake news and distorted information on COVID-19 epidemic situation on the Internet and telecommunication networks shall be fined up to VND 15,000,000 or face a penalty in accordance with Article 288 of the Penal Code.
11. Those who use force or threat to use force or other artifices to obstruct people from participating in COVID-19 prevention and control shall face a penalty in accordance with Article 330 of the Penal Code.
12. Owners and managers of service business facilities (bar, karaoke, massage, etc) who still maintain the operation of these facilities after being asked to temporarily halt operation (of the facilities) in support of the COVID-19 prevention and control, and cause damage from VND 100,000,000 and above shall be subject to a penalty in accordance with Article 295 of the Penal Code.
13. Those who take advantage of scarcity or fake scarcity during the epidemic to buy in the large quantity of goods from a price stabilization program or goods priced by the State in order to earn illegal profits shall face a penalty in accordance with Article 169 of the Penal Code.